Solid-State Pulse Generators
Custom pulse generators are available for unique and demanding applications that fall outside the scope
of commercial systems. In general, our pulsed-power development projects fall into one of the following
although an overlap in the current-voltage capabilities exists for these two technologies. Our services are
available from concept definition to delivery of turn-key hardware including system engineering, specialized
component design and fabrication, and final assembly and testing.
- Pulsed-power systems utilizing our spark-gap switches and trigger generators (typically >15 kV and >10 kA),
- Solid-state pulse generators employing parallel/series stacks of MOSFETs, FREDFETs, or IBGTs
(typically <10 kV and ~100-1000 A),
Representative solid-state projects include
- Very-low-impedance (2.7 Ohm), fast-transition (<20 ns) FREDFET pulser for high-current micromagnetics
- Custom trigger and control consoles for plasma-physics facilities,
- Fast, two-temperature optical pyrometers,
- Multichannel delay generators for fire command and control, and
- 10-kV ion-beam modulator using MOSFETs.
|CP-106 very-low-impedance pulser:
50-1000 ns, 100-500 V, 50-180 A,
|CP-107 pulser with parallel coaxial
PFLs and krytron switch: 10-100 ns,
2-4 kV, 20-150 A
|Custom trigger generator with
external control options
|Multichannel digital trigger delay
1R. C. Woodward, A. M. Lance, R. Street, and R. L. Stamps, "Variation of the magnetic
domain structure with reversal field," J. Appl. Phys. 93, 6567-6571 (2003).
2R. C. Woodward, N. T. Gorham, R. Street, D. C. Crew, E. Girt, and K. M. Krishnan,
"Coercivity, time dependence and reversible magnetization in Nd rich Nd-Fe-B alloys,"
IEEE Trans. Magnetics 37, 2493-2496 (2001).
3L. Folks and R. C. Woodward, "Use of MFM for investigating domain structures in
modern permanent magnet materials," J. Magnetism 190, 28-41 (1998).
Let us develop a special-purpose pulser to your exacting specifications. Please refer to our publications
list for further information. If you are interested in custom product development, please
download and complete our
Your standard-product inquiries are also invited.
Last revision: Wed, 21 Dec 2016 10:03:25 -0500